Wednesday, June 22, 2011

2011-41 - The Ex-Boyfriend's Handbook, by Matt Dunn

41 - The Ex-Boyfriend's Handbook, by Matt Dunn, 407 pages, Simon and Schuster, 2006
WHY I PICKED IT: Re-read one of my favourite books
ELAPSED TIME: 2 days
RATING: Very Good

As part of my library purge, I need to decide which of the "guy-lit" section will be retained.  High Fidelity and About a Boy, both by Nick Hornby for sure.  Probably a few by Mike Gayle and Jonathan Tropper... and this one too.  I hate the title, but the story itself is well written, funny, poignant, with a very likeable protagonist.

This is the story of Ed, whose girlfriend leaves and says, "it's not me, it's you"... and he decides to do something about it.  The three months where he cleans up his look, his image, his self image, and ultimately his life.

Total brain candy, but excellent if that's what you're looking for :)

No comments:

Post a Comment