Sunday, July 20, 2014

2014-XX - Worst. Person. Ever., by Douglas Coupland

XX - Worst. Person. Ever., by Douglas Coupland
WHY I PICKED IT: Coupland is generally quite great.
ELAPSED TIME: Weeks... and quit on page 74
RATING: Not Good

Wow.  This book was terrible.  I loved Coupland's early work almost without question.  His last few, however, have been so bad that I think I may be done.  Coupland is off the must-read list for me.

Raymond Gunt is an ass.  A B-unit cameraman who is on a downward spiral... and his constant failures are supposed to be... Who the hell knows?  I can tell you that I didn't even bother to read the last chapter to see if he turned it around.  Rare is it a character that I am utterly disinterested in experiencing life in their shoes.  Coupland's latest book is amongst the Worst. Books. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment