Thursday, July 25, 2013

2013-25 - The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern

25 - The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern
WHY I PICKED IT:  Recommended by my friend Joanne
ELAPSED TIME: 1 week
RATING: Very Good

Celia's Dad commits her to a competition when she's still a child.  Marco is plucked out of an orphanage to compete against her.  Taught as magicians and illusionists, they are committed to a competition from which they cannot quit.  The arena is a black and white circus, that opens at dusk and goes all night... almost every night for years.

This book was fantastic.  It sucked me into the story and captivated me; the only critique being that I don't really like books that go for 500+ pages.  I don't want to ruin the book, so that's all I'll write.  Highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment