Sunday, April 14, 2013

2013-11 - American Psycho, by Bret Easton Ellis

11 - American Psycho, by Bret Easton Ellis
WHY I PICKED IT:  Reco by my friend Khalyani
ELAPSED TIME: 4 Days
RATING: Burn it

If I was anywhere that I could find more books to read, this would not have made the blog because I really did not want to finish reading it... but given that I was jet lagged in Gaza, I was kind of stuck.

Patrick Bateman works on Wall Street.  He is rich.  He is ...well dressed.  He is not a nice guy (and neither are his friends and colleagues).  He is also a psychopath who randomly kills people... starting with random homeless people, but building up to colleagues and random women (prostitutes and women that he's dating.

This book is narcissistic.  I truly do not understand the point of it... and why enough people would find it interesting to make it a best seller.  Is it that it's so graphically violent?  If anybody knows, I'm interested to understand...

Until then, please do not waste your money buying this book or your time reading this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment