Sunday, May 27, 2012

2012-18 - The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins

18 - The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins, 384 pages, Scholastic Press, 2010
WHY I PICKED IT: My Toronto Book Club selected it.
ELAPSED TIME: 3 days
RATING: Good

I must admit, despite a few friends who loved the series, I am surprised that I got as  into this book as I did.

Telling the story of Katniss who is born to a community (Sector 12) that has been colonized.  She hunts to survive and feed her family.  When her sister (Perm) is randomly selected to fight in "The Hunger Games," a game organized by the colonizers to entertain themselves and keep the colonies off balance, Katniss volunteers to take Perm's place.  The game is a future-day Roman Colosseum where 24 contestants must fight to the death to earn their freedom.

This is an entertaining read.

No comments:

Post a Comment