Sunday, October 9, 2011

2011-XX - Extreme Rambling, by Mark Thomas

XX - Extreme Rambling, by Mark Thomas, 336 pages, Ebury Press, 2011
WHY I PICKED IT: Recommended by my friend Chris H.
ELAPSED TIME: 7 days to read 49 pages
RATING: Meh

So I have been in a reading funk for a while... Nothing started much less finished in a month-and-a-half.  With a series of flights ahead of me, I thought it would be a good opportunity to get back into it, and this book has been on my shelf for over a month waiting for me.

Sadly, despite my interest in travel writing, and my interest in world issues.  This book, by an English comedian who walked the length of the barrier that Israel has erected on stolen Palestinian land just did not succeed in pulling me in.

It's not a knock against Thomas, who I'm sure shared some interesting insights... I just think I may not have been the target audience of the book (perhaps under-informed people who need the humour of his style would be better suited), or it may just be where my head is at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment