Thursday, August 4, 2011

2011-45 - The Pilot's Wife, by Anita Shreve

45 - The Pilot's Wife, by Anita Shreve, 293 pages, Little, Brown, and Company, 1998
WHY I PICKED IT: Borrowed from my friend Katrin
ELAPSED TIME: 2 days
RATING: Very Good

I've been in a reading funk the past month an a half... and this book sucked me right in.  I went through the emotional arc with Kathryn Lyons - Losing the pilot husband, realizing that she doesn't know him, and dealing with that... I went through the emotions when everything in my head made me want to flip to the end to see how it turns out.

As it turns out, I'm glad I didn't... this book is a well told story, and the last chapter would simply have confused me had I not read it through in order.

I would recommend this book to voracious readers... but there are many better books out there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment